COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC – what we are doing…
During this challenging period, My Flex Health are implementing measures recommended by the Australian Government to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus to the best of our ability. The situation is changing on a daily basis and we are working hard to provide services to all our clients and providers in a safe and responsible manner.
We want to reassure everyone that we have implemented the following measures to help protect you and our workers:
Education of staff
- All staff have been provided with Department of Health Guidelines on how to protect themselves and others from infection.
- Special COVID-19 Infection Control Workshops held at My Flex Training are mandatory to attend for all external staff employed by My Flex Health International
– this includes Home Care Support Workers, Hospital staff and those working in Residential Aged Care.
- All of our staff answering your calls have been educated on up to date information released by the Department of Health and can advise you accordingly.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- We have sourced a supply of gloves, hand sanitisers, protective aprons and masks for use by our Home Care staff.
- These items have been in short supply, however we are working hard to ensure all home care workers are provided with these items. Disposable aprons will be kept within the household.
- To continue to support our disabled, elderly and vulnerable clients at home, we require that our Support Workers must:–
- Stay at home if they feel unwell or show cold or flu like symptoms
- Self-isolate for 14 days if they have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Self-isolate for 14 days if they have returned from overseas
- Refrain from physical contact with clients unnecessarily and use gloves if physical contact is essential
Scheduling your services
- All Home Care services will continue with these measures put in place, however:
- We currently have a shortage of Home Care staff as parents are withdrawing children from school and keeping them at home.
- You may find the times of your services could change – unfortunately this is in response to shortage of workers at this time and we will endeavour to keep your services as close to your usual time as possible
- Due to staff shortages you may not always have your usual support worker at all times. This is unavoidable, however you will always receive the highest level of care from every My Flex Health staff member.
In order to fill our staff shortages in Home Care we are recruiting new workers on a daily basis.
We are maintaining our exceptionally high standards by recruiting quality, experienced workers who possess all mandatory competencies including; Police Clearances, Infection Control training, First Aid and CPR, Food Safety, Medical Administration training, Manual Handling, Working with Children check, Criminal Record Screening and Influenza vaccination.
We apologise if you are inconvenienced in any way through the scheduling of your services and/or supply of staff to assist you in your home. Be assured we are doing everything possible to ensure continuity of support to you and we will keep you updated as the situation dictates.
If you wish to discuss any concerns please contact the office on 9427 7500.