Getting Started

My Flex Home Care provides an extensive range of services to help you remain safe and independent in your own home.  We want to help you continue to live the life you want in your own comfortable surroundings.

When you first recognize the need for support at home, or if you have just been approved to receive services the process of finding the right information can be confusing.

Simplifying the process and helping you to understand your options is our primary focus.  Give our friendly team a call discuss your situation and how to get started: (08) 9427 7500

Please see below your funding options:

Home Care Packages are subsidised by the Commonwealth Government to provide funding for a range of services and daily living aids to assist you to remain safe and independent in your own home.

You may be approved for a Level 1, 2, 3 or 4 Home Care Package depending on your needs; Level 1 package provides funding for basic care up to Level 4 providing the highest level of funding for home care services.

Home Care Package funding allows you to access any type of services or daily living aids that is specific to your needs.  If you are already receiving a package you can easily change providers and the funding remains with you.

How do I apply?
  • Ask your GP to refer you for review by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)
  • If approved you will receive a letter from My Aged Care advising you have been placed in the National queue to wait for an available package.
  • When a package becomes available you will receive another letter from My Aged Care advising you have been assigned a Home Care Package and have been given a ‘Referral Code’. You then have 56 days to find a provider to meet your needs. You will need to provide the Referral Code to your provider of choice to access your records with My Aged Care.
  • Contact My Flex Health on 9427 7500 to discuss your needs and map out how your services will be provided. We can then visit you at home to iron out any confusion, finalise your details and set up your services.
What do I pay?
  • Your package will pay for your services and fees associated with your package. The amount received will vary depending on the level of package, Level 1 will fund basic needs up to Level 4 to fund high care needs.
  • You may be required to pay a basic daily fee requested by the Government (Discuss this with us)
  • You may be required to pay an income test fee determined by the Government
  • My Flex Health administration fees are the lowest in Perth
  • We charge a once only fee for initial establishment of your Care Plan and Home Care Agreement and to schedule your required services
  • No exit fees
  • No other fees

Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) is subsidised by the Commonwealth Government; if you are a veteran or veteran’s widow you are entitled to receive a range of services, home modifications, daily living aids and equipment to assist you to remain safe and independent in your own home depending on the type of DVA card you possess.

Veteran’s Home Care (VHC) – provides limited services as follows:

  • Personal care up to 1.5 hours per week
  • Respite up to 196 hours per year
  • Domestic and minimal laundry services
  • Home and garden services; gutters and windows cleaned
  • Shopping service – shopping list must be provided
How do I apply?
  • Phone VHC on 9301 8227 and request My Flex Health to provide the services you need
What do I pay?
  • A nominal co-payment will be requested by VHC

Community Nursing Program (CNP) – provides a wide range of services to gold card holders as follows:

Personal care of more than 1.5 hours per week
  • Showering and bathing
  • Dressing and grooming
  • Toileting assistance
  • Stoma support
Medication Support
  • Assist with tablets, eye drops, creams, lotions and injections
  • Diabetes medication support
  • Liaise with GP and Pharmacist
Clinical Care
  • Wound and ulcer care
  • Continence and catheter support
  • Diabetes support
  • Education on chronic disease such as heart disease, respiratory conditions, arthritis and stroke
  • Nutrition support
  • PEG assisted care
  • Palliative care support
  • Clinical Assessment
  • Care Planning
  • Dialysis support
  • Allied Health assessment and services to physiotherapy, podiatry and occupational therapy
How do I apply?

Ask your GP to complete a DVA Community Nurse referral form to My Flex Health for support with the services you require OR we can send a referral form to your GP.

  • One of our nurses will call you to make an appointment in your own home to assess your needs and schedule services
What do I pay?
  • There are no fees to pay for DVA approved services

If you want to top up existing services or if you are not eligible to receive subsidised funding by the State or Commonwealth Government we can place personalised services to meet your needs.

How do I apply?
  • Phone My Flex Health on 9427 7500 to discuss your requirements
What do I pay?

Hourly rates will depend on the type of services your need, you can give our Home Care team a call on: (08) 9427 7500 and they will talk you through the whole process and answer any questions that you have.

Translate »