Do you want to start your new career or update your skills but think you don’t have the time or money?
My Flex Training offers Nationally Recognised Courses in the form of traineeships. Traineeships are a great opportunity to learn and gain Nationally Recognised Qualifications whilst still working and earning. The courses are designed for those who are currently working in the Aged Care Industry and are to be completed externally. Flex Training Services will provide all course units and learning materials to the trainee as well as provide extra support where needed. Trainers/ Assessors will perform monthly visits to the trainee’s registered workplace to perform training and assessing.
Flex Training Services can help…
- Earn while you learn!
- Gain hands-on work experience
- Finish with a Certificate III in Aged Care
- Be able to work 15-20 hours of paid work each week at an aged care facility or for a home care provider.
- Be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen
- Hold or obtain a CLEAR National Police Clearance
- Certificate III Traineeships – Students cannot have completed a previous qualification higher than Certificate II
A traineeship is a great way to kick start your career in the Heath Care Industry.
CHC43015 CERT IV AGEING SUPPORT
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
Certification: My Flex Training ensures all AQF qualifications, Statements of Attainment and transcripts of results are issued in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
There are no pre-entry study or qualification requirements, but to be eligible you must:
- possess sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills;
- provide a copy of your passport or photo identification;
- provide a current National Police Clearance; and
- provide a unique student identifier (USI).
CAREER AND STUDY PATHWAYS
There are many career and study pathways you can take after completing the course. Specifically, this certificate qualifies you to undertake job roles such as aged care activity worker, care service team leader, care supervisor, coordinator of volunteers, residential care worker, community support worker, home care assistant, respite care worker, nurse’s assistant, planned activity assistant, accommodation support worker, food services worker (Aged Care), general support/care worker, care assistant, client assistant, family support worker, personal care giver, or transport support worker.
All of the above roles require you to carry out direct care and support activities based on an individualised client plan, reporting directly to a supervisor/manager. You may be in charge of other staff.
Following completion of this qualification, one may continue on to a nursing qualification.
DURATION, LEARNING METHOD AND ASSESSMENT
- Duration: typically 6-12 months, however, all My Flex Training courses can be completed at a pace to suit the student, depending on their goals and previous study and/or work experience.
- Learning method: My Flex Training recognises that only a certain percentage of real learning can take place in a classroom, which is why we apply a blended delivery model, which includes face-to-face workshops, practical hands-on training in our unique simulated care centre and self-directed study. Additionally, we provide more than the minimum 120 hours of work experience (typically 160 hours) to ensure you have real learning in the workplace and improve your employment opportunities.
- Assessment: to ensure your competency, we assess you via a combination of in-class practical and written assessments, post course assignments and an on-the-job assessment by an My Flex Training Trainer/Assessor.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAHA013 Provide support in dysphagia management
- HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
The Cert III in Individual Support is also offered as a traineeship.